Sunday, March 7, 2010

week 1

I've made some progress this week, One set back, a casting that did not cast!! It happens!
So, I had this great Idea! To use leather and brass such a way that the brass is visible but not the main focus, being that it is brass and not something more precious. I also love leather but it is not quite enough and the brass gives the leather weight. I'm not sure if this is the final product, but it's a start. Also, leather cord vs chain... or both?




These are things that I was going to cover also, but they are kind of cool as is, although adding a frame of silver might be nice, and I think multiples work well. I get these textures by rolling metal and little remnants of thread (provided to me by my lovely friend Kristen courtesy of Diana Slavin's work shop), as well as lace though a rolling mill.


This pierced work is something that I have been doing for a while, mostly leaves. I really like how these turn out, I think I should maybe put a little more time into coming up with something SUPER fabulous.


This flower is the first thing that I ever cut out, it was a ton of work, but I love this and wear it all of the time. It is hard to see from this pic, but it's on a chain that is half chain and half leather, I really like the combo.


3 comments:

  1. half chain half leather cord is a great combo, i love that necklace. the thread rollings give a great texture and stand well alone, but it would be cool to see one of them in the leather cutout like the first piece, which i think is a brilliant idea, i like the leather cord better than the chain on that one, the texture of the chain would be a bit much i think. i do think the pierced ones ARE super fabulous... they have a lot of potential! Also,the shape of hte third one is really interesting... almost ginko like but not... love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks baby! Youn said the same about the chain. I also want to add stones, not sure exactly how yet, bezels are the easiest, but so obvioius, I need to work in wax I thin for that.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kara, I also like the half chain half leather cord, I also like the way you use the thread rollings, the texture is wonderful. I also really like the pierced pieces, they are very attractive, I believe they all have great potential. I also like the way you display your pieces, very nice.

    ReplyDelete