Monday, March 15, 2010

slow week



So, I have had a hard time getting to the studio this week... I did produce one piece, that required no soldering, cutting, hammering of metal. I love the 'bib' look, I used manufactured stars with spikes on the back, to secure them to the leather. Ideally, I would make these myself, not necessarily stars, though I like the look, I'd make them more organic and individual. Maybe more jewels dripping off the bottom of the pieces would be nice, maybe dripping chain too?
I almost forgot about these little silver rings, A while ago I cut out little splatter pieces, that I made into post earrings, they just didn't look right, they were too flat, I don't know, they didn't work! The other night after looking at these things every time I pull out my silver box, I thought rings would be nice. So here they are, not done yet of course, the texture is not exactly how I want it but I do think I like the hammered look of the one on the right. Also, I am going to nestle 2 stones on each in the outer crevices, with yellow gold bezels.

3 comments:

  1. It is very hard work to make different looks of the metals, thanks for your effort.

    greatchandelier

    ReplyDelete
  2. the splatter is great. and dripping jewels and chains... yes, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I like the idea of dripping jewels and chins.

    ReplyDelete